We often seen italic text in books or magazine. It doesn't meant that <i> tag are taking any extra important. It is simply represent the text like technical terms, foreign language phrases, or fictional character thoughts.
HTML <i> element represent the italic text
<p>Use these audits to review policies and procedures on:</p>
<i>Pay and rewards </i>
<p><i> Training </i></p>
<p><i> Employee development</i></p>
<p><i> People management </i></p>
<p><i>This is a book name "Dilip Singh"</i></p>
Result will shown below:
Use these audits to review policies and procedures on:
Pay and rewards
This is a book name "Dilip Singh"
- HTML <I> element is displayed in italic text size. However it is not good way to use italic text we can use CSS styling for this purpose.
- <I> tag or <em> tag look alike but the semantic meaning is different. <I> element is only a presentation element .
- When we want that text should be italicized but not have any real semantic meaning then we use this tag <I></I>
- HTML <i> element is represent the name of a book or movie, it is also represent a foreign word.
- HTML <i> element tag represents text.